Friday, November 30, 2012

Sparky's Journey - The Dole Club goes Glam

Our friend M, the photographer, gifted us with Photos by M for our birthdays this year. Being laid off, we no longer had a suitable excuse when she suggested we do our photo shoots this week. We decided to make it a Dole Club photo shoot with me, G and C. I was stressed out because she asked us to bring a variety of wardrobes which to me meant casual t-shirt versus formal t-shirt. Also, my facial expressions and body movements are awkward at best so I was somewhat dreading being put in front of a camera with a long lens while being directed to put my hands, feet and eyes in all different directions and give my most natural smile all at the same time. I hate to say it but I have a new respect for models. It turned out to be fun and not stressful at all, especially since M said we didn't have to do any dress changes during the shoot. Thankfully I wore my formal t-shirt out of the house.  I don't know why but it felt a little cathartic to get glammed up and do the photo shoot.  Maybe getting laid off was actually the best thing for us. People tell us it is but I haven't believed it until I looked at these photos. We all look so happy and refreshed.

I think they turned out pretty well. M sure knows how to use photo shop. What do you think? Here are the first official photos of the Dole Club. With these photos in hand, there's nowhere to go but up right??













 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. who are you directing these questions to? there's only the two of you! hahaha
    yes, they turned out great and you both look great.

    ReplyDelete