This morning when M woke up, his foot still hurt so I decided I would take him to the children walk in clinic when it opened at 10. I arrived around 10:10 and there were already 5 people in front of me with a 1.5 hour wait, so I decided to forgo it. By that time he wasn't walking around with a limp any more or asking me to carry him, so I figured he must be better. And since he seemed fine when he came back from daycare, I'm glad I spared us the 1.5 hour wait to be told to monitor the situation.
I also met my mother-in-law for lunch today. She suggested White Spot at 1:00 in Coquitlam, which I googled since I had never been to the one in Coquitlam. Well apparently nether has she. After I arrived a couple minutes late, I walked around the restaurant looking for her. She is always punctual so I knew something was amiss when I didn't see her anywhere. As she doesn't have a cell phone, I had to ask the hostess for the phone number of the White Spot about 5 min from my house on North Road. After describing her, they located her and put her on the phone. Yes, we were in 2 different locations. I drove to her White Spot (which is in Burnaby by the way) and we had a nice lunch. Since I didn't have anywhere to be today, it didn't matter. I was starving though and decided to go with the tried and true chicken pot pie. I will say they have classed this up with a nice side salad, and the pot pie is better than I remember. Of course MIL could only manage to eat one section out of 4 of her quesadilla. Like her namesake, she does eat like a bird. Which is actually a misnomer since birds eat a lot compared to their size.
Fellow honorary Dole Club member N came over for a cup of decaf later on in the afternoon and I splurged by turning up the heat from the chilly 16 degrees it is usually set at when everyone is at work.
As for productive work today, I did manage to clean all the bathrooms and vaccuum, both which were sorely needed. So it wasn't a completely frivolous day.
You have to come over to the office soon to watch the Bachelor. Sorry I tried to wait but it was killing me to find out what happened, even though I saw on someone's FB post who "won". Anyway we need to debrief, so let's schedule a showing soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(23)
-
▼
November
(18)
- Sparky's Journey - The Dole Club goes Glam
- Sparky's J - There is a God and Miracles Do Exist!
- Spending money while not spending money
- G Dawg - Retail therapy
- Sparky's Journey - Feeling Somewhat Normal Today.
- Sparky's Journey - There's No Place like Trade
- G Dawg gets the circle jerk (runaround)
- Sparky's Journey - Closing the Door Behind Me
- G Dawg's day of driving
- Spark's Journey - Flip Flop Emotions
- Sparky's Journey - How did I end up here?
- Dance it out
- At the beginning
- Sparky's Journey - What Day is it Anyways?
- Sparky's Journey - Unemployment Parties and Breaki...
- Saying goodbye
- Sparky's Journey - Still the End
- Sparky's Journey - The End Before the Beginning
-
▼
November
(18)
Who doesn't love circle jerks? Glad the little rebel with the curly hair is alright.
ReplyDelete