Thursday, November 22, 2012

G Dawg's day of driving


I believe I may be more tired now than I was when I was working.  I am having a tough time getting into bed before 2 am, only to have to wake up before 8 to get the kids ready for their day.  And for some reason it is more difficult than ever to be on time for appointments!

Today started with mad rushing in the morning trying to get L off to school since LP slept in and I count on him as my alarm.  Because I was so rushed, I didn't have time to get ready for my first appt at Knightsbridge until I came back home.  After I quickly got ready, it was another trip back up the mountain to drop M off at my mom's.  Bad traffic coupled with a stop for gas and turning into the exit as opposed to the entrance of a parkade made me 10 min late for my first appt with Cathy.  Whoops.  That can't look good.  As this was just the intial meeting, she gave me an orientation on what to expect with the career counseling and got some background info from me.  When she asked what I did before LifeScan, I mentioned Earls.  Man, I was just a baby when I started LFS!

After the session, I went to pick up M and brought him home for lunch.  Strangely his foot started to hurt after lunch and he couldn't walk without a limp.  There is no visible injury nor did he do anything to hurt it.  I'll have to get that looked at tomorrow if it keeps up.  A quick trip to Costco to buy a hard drive and then it was a mad dash to get home so he could have a proper nap.

We picked up L from child care, then turned around quickly to go back into the city for the dragon boat meeting (late again).  Left the meeting early so I could pick up my sis to babysit the kids while I went back into Burnaby to clean out my personal effects from the office.  Phew!  A lot of driving and running around today. 

So it's official - everything has been picked up from the office and all traces of us are gone.  Hopefully to the people that matter, they'll think of us now and then with a fond smile.  I know I will.

And unfortunately I have also added to my to-do list with going through everything I brought home and somehow find a place for it all.

Tomorrow's agenda - clean the house.  Do the things I always put off since I don't have an excuse anymore of being too busy with work - anyone care to sort through kids clothes with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment