Yes G, it's official. Now that we've taken our belongings from LFS today, there are hardly any physical reminders that we existed at all except for the rotten fish I hid in every crevace of Puppet Master C's office. Just kidding but I really thought about doing something nasty. Too bad for the security/facilities manager on site watching our every move. But I did manage to leave a clue that I was there. I drew a huge heart on my whiteboard. Inside the heart it said, 'This is how big the hole in my heart is. I will miss you all. Love S." I'm sure the Puppet Master will have it erased before too many people see it siting that I have defaced private property.
Based on all the junk stored at my cubicle, I wasn't surprised by how much I had accumulated during my time there but I was surprised by how much you had. I'm not sure where you were hiding all of that stuff because you kept your cubicle relatively clean. I have a feeling we'll probably end up turfing most of what we brought home. I wanted to save some of my emails on my hard drive but when I looked through them, all 13,000 or so of them, I was surprised how little I wanted to or needed to keep. I ended up leaving with about 100 emails. I hope when I reinvent myself, I can get rid of the clutter for good.
While you were rushing around taking care of the kids and going to Kbridge, I couldn't even make it out of bed before 1pm. Yesterday it was 10am and today it was 1pm. To be fair, I've only slept a few hours a night for the last two nights so before I overdramatize this, I'll assume it's because I was so tired. Still the fact that I'm allowed to even sleep until 1pm when the rest of the world is working is pretty sweet. I managed to do most things on today's to do lists but procrastinated on the big one which was completing the online information form for my debt counselling meeting next week. I guess I'll just role that into tomorrow's To Do list. Like you, cleaning is a high priority tomorrow. I will have a houseguest shortly. We'll be sharing a room and I currently can't see the floor because of all my junk. Also, of utmost importance, on both of our To Do lists should be watching the season finale of Bachelor Canada. It's quite the novelty to be able to do this between the hours of 9 to 5. Are you starting to like this lifestyle as much as I am? We have to start thinking of ways we can continue this lifestyle forever. P.S. I bought a lottery ticket today:)
As I was leaving the house for our dboat meeting, Mama P dropped 3 $50 bills on the table and said, 'I want to pay for some things'. She was quite vague about what it is she wanted to pay for but that's to be expected since she has no clue how much utilities, property tax, mortgage etc., are. It was all very touching but it felt like one of those moments where your kid brings you their piggy bank and tells you to use it for expenses. I protested a little and then decided to take one of the $50s for gas money. I thought it was a nice compromise. Then she asked if I needed to sell our house. What I wanted to say is that unfortunately I was in it for the long haul with this money pit but instead I decided just to tell her we would be fine without selling. I'm sure you've figured this out already but often it's best to leave the details out when you're dealing with an Asian mom.
Looking forward to PVR TV at the office tomorrow. I'll bring the coffee and bagels!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(23)
-
▼
November
(18)
- Sparky's Journey - The Dole Club goes Glam
- Sparky's J - There is a God and Miracles Do Exist!
- Spending money while not spending money
- G Dawg - Retail therapy
- Sparky's Journey - Feeling Somewhat Normal Today.
- Sparky's Journey - There's No Place like Trade
- G Dawg gets the circle jerk (runaround)
- Sparky's Journey - Closing the Door Behind Me
- G Dawg's day of driving
- Spark's Journey - Flip Flop Emotions
- Sparky's Journey - How did I end up here?
- Dance it out
- At the beginning
- Sparky's Journey - What Day is it Anyways?
- Sparky's Journey - Unemployment Parties and Breaki...
- Saying goodbye
- Sparky's Journey - Still the End
- Sparky's Journey - The End Before the Beginning
-
▼
November
(18)
What a great idea about the note on the white board. I wish I had thought of that. Instead I have a stupid chart on there drwan by the puppetmaster herself. ugh.
ReplyDelete