Saturday, December 1, 2012

G Dawg's tooth gauging

I think I may have found a new career based soley on earning potential.  Before the Dole Club photo shoot yesterday, I had an endodontist appointment to try and figure out what was going on with my root canal gone bad.  In my initial consultation, he mentioned he wouldn't know until he went in to see why my tooth had not responded to the first root canal.  It could either be a crack, in which case he would need to remove the tooth, or it could be salvageable. He asked me how motivated I was to save it - which meant whether I would be prepared to fork over $$$ so I could try and retain the tooth, which might not even respond to treatment.  In my 1 hour appointment, he figured out that the anatomy of this tooth was a bit different, which is why my dentist couldn't get all the root out.  He completed the root canal and removed the remaining tissue, and put some antibiotic into the tooth before putting a temporary seal on it before my next 45 min appt in the new year to complete the job.  The cost?  $1430...half of which was paid yesterday.  That is roughly over $700 an hour, for something that seemed like a fairly easy case.  The only upside is that I think some of it will be covered under my remaining benefits and LP's benefits, but I won't know until I try and submit a claim for this, which I can't do until the job is complete.

Sparky and I spent the day looking for some new eyeglass frames for her.  She didn't end up making a purchase yet, mainly because there were so many choices and we were trying to find the best deal.  We also met up for some juicy buns with some peeps from our ex-work.  It was CK's last day before a month-long well deserved vacation and KC came too, who happened to be both our bosses at one point or another.  It's nice to keep in touch with our friends from the office and it almost makes it seem like we're still all together.  Except when we don't have to rush back to the office for a 1 pm meeting.

Afterwards Sparky and I hung out at the office, researching menu ideas and grocery deals for our upcoming F&L gift exchange, which we are "catering" and doing some general interwebbing.  I also talked to a recruiter who a co-worker passed along my info to for a position with a canned seafood company.  Not sure how I feel about it, but I figure this is a good opportunity to work on getting my resume updated and practice interviewing, if I get that far.  However, not that enthused about the prospect of job hunting quite yet - especially if this company is hoping to get their interviews completed by Christmas. 

If all else fails, Sparky and I talked about bringing back the barter system to obtain the goods we need.  "Oh Mr. Telus Man, I can't really pay you for the cable service this month...but I can offer you something in return..."

No comments:

Post a Comment