PVR can be a godsend and a curse both at the same time. Everyone says it's a time saver, fast-forwarding through commercials and watching your recorded programs on your own time but I now have so many more things to watch in the middle of the night. I find myself PVRing anything and everything. You name it, I'll record it. Plus with the promo offer of free movie channels for the next few months, every minute of every day could be spent watching something at least semi- interesting on the old boob tube. Thinking of ways to make and save money has now been put on the back burner for staring at the TV guide studiously trying to figure out what channels I have and watching old episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Fraser, NCIS, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist etc,. In fact, I'm watching an old episode of The Mentalist right now. Why am I so obsessive?
My other latest obsession, next to PVR, is coming up with the perfect recipe for gluten free homemade pasta. I even bought a $20 pasta maker this weekend. I've never found any gluten-free pasta that tastes like the real deal. I always thought the person who comes up a perfect gluten-free replica of flour pasta will become a billionaire. And why can't that be me? Dare to dream right? But why is it so hard to find garbanzo flava flour, cheap psyllium husk powder and millet flour? I suppose it's a lesson in fortitude (or some might say, reality) that I'm desperately in need of like all those sayings: "Nothing good comes easy." "There's no such thing as easy money." blah blah blah. I suppose all inventors and game changers had to overcome such road blocks before inventing their 'perfect pasta'. Unfortunately I suspect this ingredient challenge will be the easiest of my road blocks down this path. If this is anything like my past projects, it could end like most other things - bags of leftover product that go to waste and no finished item to speak of but this time I have one thing on my side that I haven't had in the past and that's time, time to invent the perfect gluten-free pasta or whatever else I choose to dabble in. Maybe this isn't the final path I'm meant to take but as long as all roads lead to finding that path then I'm okay with a little dabbling, some failures and hopefully at the end, a lot of success.
Tomorrow we go to Edible Canada, a specialty food store like Meinhart's, in Granville Island to look for some Christmas gifts. Maybe I can successfully knock off road block #1 by finding the ingredients for the gluten-free pasta recipe. Se Dio Vuole (that's 'God willing' in Italian, according to google).
No comments:
Post a Comment